meta name="verify-v1" content="mxUXSoJWEFZKrtw31+uRroeKyRmf49ADfeiAbP3JB2o=" / Arizona Martial Gym: Reading comprehension

Sunday, January 10, 2010

Reading comprehension

My new pet peeve is the apparent inability of people to simply comprehend what they read. It seems to be rampant on the internet.

I just had an interaction with a semi-well known Martial Artist who, regardless of his education, cannot understand the written word. It left me feeling icky. The fact that there are some people out there who think this guy has a clue about combat boggles my mind. It is especially bad when he posts video or DVDs of himself trying to perform something. He sucks, hands down. But I have to keep my mouth shut because of good friends of mine who like him (not because they think he has anything worthwhile about fighting, but as a person). Too bad, because I would like to expose some things about him he would prefer stay quiet.

Being polite sucks sometimes.

1 comment:

Sinnerman said...

Hang in there. After all, the adventure continues.