meta name="verify-v1" content="mxUXSoJWEFZKrtw31+uRroeKyRmf49ADfeiAbP3JB2o=" / Arizona Martial Gym: picking MMA fights

Wednesday, August 29, 2007

picking MMA fights

So, for a good while I was pretty proud of my ability to pick the winner of the major MMA fights. I was on a fairly decent streak. GSP-Hughes, Liddell-Couture 3, Liddell-Jackson, Couture-Slyvia, etc.. The only one I flubbed on was GSP-Serra, and, honestly, who picked that one?

Well, now, I have to stop bragging. I was SOOOOOOO wrong on Gonzaga-Couture that it is not funny. Now, Randy is my favorite all time MMA fighter. He is just an amazing competitor. I was one of the few who publicly picked him against Slyvia. But I thought Gonzaga was exactly the wrong opponent for a 43 old fighter who has been through some wars. I thought the Brazilian's skills were perfectly matched to overpower Randy. Boy, do I look like a dumb ass. Couture proved that not only does he have the physical skills, he also has the mental skills to beat almost anyone.

I will NEVER pick against him again. Even if he matches up against Fedor, I will go with Captain America.

No comments: