meta name="verify-v1" content="mxUXSoJWEFZKrtw31+uRroeKyRmf49ADfeiAbP3JB2o=" / Arizona Martial Gym: Pan-Ams

Thursday, March 29, 2007

Pan-Ams

I have the BJJ Pan-Ams this coming weekend. I am entered in my weight division, as well as the open weight class.

I am not looking forward to it. I am just not mentally or physically ready. I have not gotten my cardio up to my pre-knee injury levels, so it has made it harder to get mentally prepared. I will still go, compete, and try to have a good time. But this is the first competition in a long time where I am not very confident. It is a disappointment because it is my first comp as a brown belt. I was really anxious to get on the Pan-Am mats a few months ago. Now, not so much.

Oh well. I will still be able to eat at my favorite restaurant in the world (Curry House), hang out with one of my best friends Jerry Wetzel and his uber-cool wife Gigi, and watch A LOT of high level jits.

No worries.

No comments: